Monday, April 5, 2010

Hong Kong Day 3

Well this is Alex, today was a great day to end the trip. We had all the free time in the world because we never went on any of the extra excursions. So we went to the beach and Stanley market, they both were really fun. Wes and I went to swim in the ocean, oh it was so mice to have some salt. I can now say that I have swam on both sides of the ocean. After the ocean we went to the hotel and everyone besides Wes and are to group leaders and myself went on the cruise. Us four went to the cleanest Pizza Hut in the world, the food was really good. After that was walked along the ocean and watch the light show again. China is truly beautiful at night! It was nice to rest for once and enjoy the beach. Most of the time I found myself with only Wes next to me and almost the whole trip it has been this way. I could not have asked for anyone else to swim in the ocean with and put a smile on my face when I missing home. I can't wait to get back home but at the same time I am going to miss everyone here. We are now family and I will remember them forever. The person that changed my point of view on life is a boy from Maryland. He happens to be deaf and also he has CP, but I promise that he would always have a MILLION dollar smile on and he wouldn't let anything bring him down. He showed me that I should not take for granted everything that I got and take the time to be thankful. I am really going to miss him. I had an amazing trip, with amazing people.

1 comment:

Mikayla said...

Alex, I so agree. Jordan was one of the coolest kids on that trip. And so was Racquel. I am going to miss them so much. They changed my life to, and I think we changed theirs in a way.